Bicycle Tour: Around Langeland
This route, 152.7km in length, takes you all the way around Langeland and can therefore be split up over a number of days. We guarantee plenty of great experiences along the way, when you pass through Rudkøbing, Tranekær, Lohals, Spodsbjerg and all the way down to Gulstav Mose
Around Langeland is a 154-km-long bike route through a beautiful landscape. Despite the slim shape of the island, you can do a trip all around with only a few places where you have to go out and come back on the same stretch. Around Langeland follows large sections of the bike routes 80, 81, 82, and 83, where you primarily ride on small winding asphalt paths. In just a few places, the route is forced out onto the main road or a gravel road. The route is characterised by a lot of views of the sea, and you ride through forests, farmland, and also villages where you can shop. You may see wild horses, the Langeland Fort, old castles and manors as well as quaint sea ports.
You can also split the route and do it in smaller sections, where you either bike through North or South Langeland.
- 95 % asphalt
- 154 km [96 mi]
- about 1000 vertical meters [1090 yd]
- Primarily small winding asphalt paths – in just a few places you are forced out onto the main road.
- Round trip. Only a few places where you have to go out and come back on the same stretch.
- A view of the sea on almost the entire route
- You ride through forests, farmland, and also villages where you can shop
- Beautiful nature
See more route details on Denmark By Bike