Since the 17th century there has been a mill on Rudkøbing rampart.
Since the 17th century there has been a mill on Rudkøbing rampart. The current mill dating from 1820, is a Gallery Dutch and the third largest in Denmark. Rudkøbing City Mill was restored in 1996-2006. Top, wings and the mechanical movement were repaired, the foundation was rectified and new chip plates were added. The mill is looked after by Rudkøbing Bymøllelaug, who works to make it the city's landmark. The mill can be visited in the summer and at special events. From the walk around area there is a beautiful view of Rudkøbing town, Vejlen and the Langeland Bridge.